To continue providing the safest educational environment possible, the North Orange County Community College District (NOCCCD) Board of Trustees has extended the COVID-19 vaccination mandate through the end of the 2022 calendar year.
Fully Vaccinated to Include Booster Dose
As part of the NOCCCD COVID-19 vaccine requirement, all employees, and students over the age of 12 using campus facilities and/or taking in-person classes, labs, or accessing on-campus services, will need up-to-date vaccinations, which now includes a single booster dose when eligible*, on or before August 15, 2022. Students and employees will be informed when they can upload their updated documentation in myGateway.
Get the COVID-19 Booster
For students who are eligible for the COVID-19 booster, we encourage you to get it right away so as not to delay any in-person classes or services after August 15, 2022. NOCCCD will host several opportunities for all community members to get vaccinated:
- Fullerton College will host a free vaccination clinic on Tuesday, April 26, 2022 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in Building 200, Rooms 224/226/228. Details will be provided on the Fullerton College Return to the Campus website.
- Cypress College will host a free vaccination clinic on Thursday, April 28, 2022 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in NOCE Cypress Center, Rm. 118 (near Lot 4). Details will be provided on the Cypress College Coronavirus website.
NOCCCD is following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for determining when an individual is eligible for the booster. Visit the CDC website for additional details.
- Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna: If you received Pfizer or Moderna for your primary vaccine series, you are eligible to receive a booster shot five months after the second dose
- Johnson & Johnson: If you received Johnson & Johnson for your primary vaccination, you are eligible to receive a booster shot two months after the single dose
- World Health Organization-approved vaccines (vaccination outside of the United States): If you were vaccinated outside the U.S. with a WHO-approved vaccine, you are eligible to receive a booster shot five months after the final dose in the primary vaccination series. If you receive a booster shot in the United States, it is advised to choose either Pfizer-BioNTech or Modern for the booster shot
If Needed, Apply for an Exemption or Take Online Classes
As a reminder, students can apply for a medical or religious exemption. Students who are approved for an exemption will be required to submit to weekly testing. Students taking fully online courses or never coming on campus to access services, will not be asked to adhere to the NOCCCD vaccine mandate.
Click this link to request an exemption and complete the required documentation.
For links to the March 22, 2022 board agenda item and meeting minutes, see below:
- Board agenda item: (3/22 Board of Trustees Agenda Item 6.a Extend the Vaccine Requirement through the Remainder of 2022)
- Meeting minutes (3/22 Board of Trustees Minutes on Agenda Item 6.a)