For more than six years, the Fullerton College Mindful Growth Initiative has provided many opportunities for students, staff and faculty to cultivate mindful awareness and learn practices that provide many physical and mental benefits, including improved sleep, focus, resilience, self-compassion, and overall well-being.
Mindfulness is more important than ever before, prompting the Fullerton College mindfulness community to transition online and offer their supportive spaces virtually. More than 160 students have participated since the campus closure, and all are welcome to join at any time.
Mindfulness helps develop:
- Focused attention to direct one’s awareness with intentionality and curiosity to the present-moment experience
- Nonjudgmental acceptance of one’s unfolding experiences, mind and body
- Compassion and kindness toward oneself and the world
Mindfulness Resources for Students:
- Free Canvas Workshop: Mindfulness for FC Students: Students can find this through the general announcements on Canvas’s opening page. Simply, click on the course and select to add the workshop. There is no work to complete, and students will gain access to short mindfulness practices.
- Mindful Self-Compassion Program for Students: Held weekly on Fridays through May 15 from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at Zoom: Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/659252832
Mindfulness Resources for Fullerton College: Students, Staff, Faculty, Administrators:
- Mindful Mondays: Held weekly on Mondays from 12 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Zoom: Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/803177898.
- Instagram Updates: Follow us at mindfulgrowthfc. Please follow us!
- Mindful Growth Website: https://mindfulgrowth.fullcoll.edu/