There are many resources to help students learn the college’s online learning management system called Canvas and to transition to remote learning. The mission of the Distance Education Department is to support the success of Fullerton College students who use educational technology and that is more important than ever before!
All students are encouraged and welcome to take a Canvas course “Becoming an Effective Remote Learner.” This is not the students’ instructional courses. This is to help students get ready for the transition of their classes to web-based formats.
As of March 18, 1,400 Hornets had already signed up to take the course.
In this training you will:
- learn how to organize your space, your course materials and yourself
- learn tips and tricks for time management
- learn the importance of setting up a schedule that works for you
- learn the perils of procrastination
- learn how to communicate effectively online (asynchronously and synchronously)
- learn the difference between reading print and online texts learn strategies to stay focused when reading (and studying) online
- the Organizing for Online Success video (10 min)
- view the Online Study Skills and Time Management
- video (12 min) view the Communications Skills for Online Learning video (13 min)
- view the Online Reading Strategies video (9 min)
- submit two tips after each video
- complete the Effective Remote Learner quiz
Help Line and Website:
For help with Canvas, call 844-600-4948. Or, click on the Help icon in your Canvas dashboard to send a message under “Report a Problem.” Students are also encouraged to visit the Distance Education website for more information.